SON file formats

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2007 at 11:16 AM
Any discussion on the format of SON files and thier index files.
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2007 at 1:21 PM
Some of the problems with this task is going to be separating the different models and versions. I think we should list the model and versions that we would like to consider that are in the critical path of the work. I'm not sure how to proceed but if we take each model and address one specific area of the file at a time we would keep the interest of many instead of a few. I have a 997c si with Ver: 3.630. The file layout on the 997c si and the 987c si differ slightly. And to address the first four bytes:
997c si: C0 DE AB C1 (decimal= 192 222 171 193)
987c si: C0 DE AB 21 (decimal= 192 222 171 33)
Well that 2. Maybe the full list of all that we're considering will bring insight to reasons it was constructed this way.
Ray
uvbraze
Indiana
raze@insightbb.com
Coordinator
Aug 27, 2007 at 1:29 AM
Good idea Ray.. could you post up a zip file containing a small SON and IDX file as I only have access to 987c data. If anyone else has any observations with other humminbird SS products we would also like samples of those.

Obviously the header contains an identifying sequence for each type. I was hoping to improve the loading of SON data by making use of the IDX file. Stream objects are pretty flexible and memory efficient, we should be able to navigate backward and forward through a SON file keeping just enough data in memory to display the current page.
Aug 29, 2007 at 5:06 AM
Hey cytiburon

Im Boogman, Ray's brother.

Got a few question for ya.
I program in Visual Basic .net and do you think the Bitmaps Lockbits function would work for displaying the pixel data.
I was planning on creating a bitmap in memory, lock it, shift the image down 1 pixel, write new image data to top line, unlock and updata image. I would be able to move backward & forward throgh the file like this. I would be writing directly to the color pallete. Also I was planning on creating multi-thread to handle two images at a time, left and right.

Are you, as a C# programer going to use setDIBitsToDevice to updata your bitmap image in memory?

Later Boogman
Coordinator
Aug 30, 2007 at 2:57 AM
Cytiburon,
I'm going to post the files on the source code area. My Word document has screen captures that won't go in when I paste in the compose window.

Ray (uvbraze)
Coordinator
Aug 31, 2007 at 12:26 AM
I also put part of it at:
http://www.xumba.scholleco.com/viewtopic.php?t=118&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=software&start=30

later,

Ray
Sep 14, 2007 at 6:04 PM
Mabe model and version can be found i the .dat file..
(what's i know about the dat is that it contains, rec startlocation, and start time utc, and rec name)
It might be more usefull info in the dat...